If you’ve found this page, in theory you’ve clicked on me from Matt Landau’s Fellows page at Vacation Rental Marketing Blog. As a guest poster for VRMB, I try to share tactical, easy-to-accomplish strategies for marketers and owners in the vacation rental space so they can drive more traffic and bookings to their website.
Nice to meet you (digitally)!
My name is Conrad O’Connell, and by trade I’m a digital marketing consultant that specializes in the vacation rental industry. Living in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina for the past 8 years means I know what it’s like to live, breathe and share elbow space with visitors. As the #3 vacation destination in the United States, there’s no shortage of vacation rentals, hotels, motels, RV parks and condos here for guests to stay. With my knowledge as an internet marketing consultant, I’ve learned that an impactful digital marketing campaign for vacation rental owners can drive huge results.
Primarily, I help Vacation Rental Managers with the following areas:
- SEO — Ranking highly in searches on Google, Bing and Yahoo can drive thousands of leads, website visitors and potential guests to your website. But, ranking high in Google isn’t as simple as it used to be. From technical SEO processes around how Google crawls and indexes your website to content and the promotion of your site through press coverage, I do it all. Your guests are looking for on Google – be found!
- Website Reviews — Building a website is quite a task — I know that first hand. Making sure that your information architecture, booking processes and flow are solid is a key to your success. I’ve reviewed well over 65 vacation rental websites from smaller, two property owner sites to 500+ property manager platforms that generate millions in online bookings. Don’t add needless friction to the booking process — let me review your website and give you an action plan to get more leads from your site.
- PPC Marketing — Paying for clicks to your vacation rental website is one of the most measurable and repeatable forms of online marketing. But, getting setup in Google AdWords, Bing Ads or Adroll can be a headache. With dozens of settings, switches, options and levers, knowing what each area of the interface does is almost a full time job. I’ve managed PPC accounts from $500 to $15,000/month in spend and there’s always room for improvement. Let me audit your PPC account or do a fresh account build and drive you more bookings.
- Social Media Advertising — It’s all quite simple, really. Potential guests that visit your website are on Facebook. Adults in the US spend on average 45 minutes per day on the social network, consuming content, links videos and more. How do you make sure your page is seen and not lost in the shuffle? Utilizing Facebook Ads can drive potential guests back to your website, engage with your page and get you more leads for less spend.
- Email Marketing — Sending compelling email marketing messages isn’t an easy task. But, done correctly, you can drive thousands of former guests and potential guests back to your website consuming your content. With newsletters often collecting a mere 10% open rate, you need to stand out with your content, subject lines and messaging so your guests click. Working with lists from 100 members to 100,000, I’ve crafted compelling email marketing copy that drives you results.
All told, I specialize in the vacation rental industry and navigating the complex world of online marketing. With an ever-changing landscape, you need to stay on top of trends and industry changes so that you can get more bookings and make your properties stand out online.
Contact me today for help — I am on Skype and we can do a completely free 30 minute strategy call to discuss your needs. I’d love to get know you, VRMB reader and talk about how we can reach your vacation rental business goals together.